Draw, TX

Draw is at the intersection of Farm roads 213 and 1054, seventeen miles southeast of Tahoka in southeastern Lynn County. It took its name from Mooar's Draw, a canyon to the northeast. The community had a school as early as 1904. Draw's population was reported as only twenty-five in 1933, but in 1940 its population was estimated at 100 and continued to be reported at that level through 1960. By 1970 the population had dropped to thirty-five. In 1974 Draw had a cotton gin and a store. In 1980 and 1990 its population was thirty-nine.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974).Donald R. Abbe