New Lynn, TX
New Lynn (sometimes Newlynn) is three miles north of U.S. Highway 380 and ten miles northeast of Tahoka in northeastern Lynn County. Though New Lynn was the first school district in the county, the community was not established until the 1930s. It reported a population of sixty in 1940, 1950, and 1960. By 1970 its population had dropped to fifteen, and in 1980 the number stood at eighteen. In the 1980s New Lynn was clinging to existence, with its cotton production and ginning operations suffering through the agricultural depression of the time. In 1990 its population was still estimated at eighteen.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974). Donald R. Abbe