West Point, TX
West Point was on U.S. Highway 380 and Farm Road 179, two miles east of the Terry county line in far west central Lynn County. A school district for West Point existed as early as 1904. It had a cotton gin and a store-station combination in the 1940s and 1950s. By 1974 only the cotton gin remained in operation. West Point was still listed as a community in 1990.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974). Donald R. Abbe